Toastmasters Division A, District 114
Word from the Division Director 2021/2022
Five years ago, I walked into a Toastmasters meeting after receiving an email invite. This was the start of an exhilarating journey that continues to shape the person I have become. I am passionate about relationships, I joined Toastmasters to have fun and network with others. Along the way, I have grown in leaps and bounds both in communication and also leadership. This year 2021-22 offers yet another opportunity to serve as Division Director. I look forward to guide, support and encourage a fantastic team of Toastmasters in our pursuit of the District Mission – We build new clubs and support all clubs to achieve excellence.
In the Kenya Coast Region, we have Mombasa Island, Nyali, Kericho Gold, Tamarind and the newly chartered Speaking Woman Toastmasters Clubs. In Tanzania, we have Dar, Bongo, Masaki’s Executive, Kilimanjaro, Arusha and Mount Meru Toastmasters Clubs. We all joined Toastmasters for different reasons. This journey is not a straight line; neither is it the same for everyone. I am greatly inspired by the Toastmasters Promise.
A TOASTMASTER’S PROMISE
As a member of Toastmasters International and my club, I promise
- To attend club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of my projects to the best of my ability, basing them on the Toastmasters education program
- To prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations
- To help the club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow
- To serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat my fellow club members and our guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters education and recognition programs
- To act within Toastmasters’ core values of integrity, respect, service and excellence during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities
This year, let us recommit to this Promise with passion and purpose. As we follow our different paths and rediscover our unique why’s, may we leverage the power within each one of us to do more and be more TOGETHER.
Division A Director, 2021-22